What's your favorite ritual to help ease yourself? Try these simple tips when trying to calm anxiety you may be facing.
- Use lavender essential oils. I love an oil diffuser or incenses to fill my entire apartment with this stress relieving scent.
- Snuggle with your pet. My husband and I recently added a new puppy to our family and he's the best partner whenever I need to soothe my emotions. You can also try your favorite plushie.
- Walk in nature. A brief walk can clear your mind. Brownie points for adding to your daily exercise.
- Give yourself a manicure. Whether you need a quick file, buffer, or paint job, this simple distraction keeps your mind busy with a rewarding result.
- Paint or draw a picture. I love watching a Procreate YouTube tutorial because I have a beautiful digital artwork once complete. Why not appease your creative side?
- Take a hot bath. I never thought this truly worked, but sitting in a hot tub even for a brief 15-20 minutes does wonders for your mind and body. I always toss in a bath bomb or epsom salts to maximize this break time.
- Bake a treat. Make life sweeter with homemade goods. Bring the extra few to your next group outing, or gift one to the friend you see next. You'll be spreading kindness and you've kept yourself distracted with good intentions.