It can be difficult to identify a toxic relationship. Here are a few red flags that should help you recognize these warning symbols:
- They ignore your physical or emotional boundaries.
- They pressure you to meet their needs.
- They avoid important issues.
- They want to control you some or all the time.
- They blame you for their mistakes.
- You don't feel that you can be your true self.
- They avoid important issues and often make excuses.
- You are giving up friends, families, or goals.
- Your mental health is negatively being effected.
Looking to handle that toxic relationship in a positive manner? I love this article from Greater Good Magazine, scientific research published by the University of California, Berkeley. It includes five simple steps to find more peace.