We've all attempted to achieve a goal, and failed for whatever reason. We are all failures!
The task of forming a new habit can be daunting. Do you ever actually end up keeping your new year's resolution (let alone remember what is was!)? Try forming a new routine with these tips below:
- Work on one habit at a time. Slow and steady wins the race, and implementing a new routine can be challenging. Focus on adding one action at a time.
- Commit for at least a month. This timeframe works because you can see the start and finish lines. If you want weekly benchmarks, they can help track your progress to ensure you implement that new habit.
- Be prepared for obstacles and temptations. Stay true to yourself and set boundaries (hey, it's good for your mental health!); be sure to keep them.
- Share your success. While you can hold yourself accountable, it's always nice to have a backup buddy. The two of you can start new routines and provide support for each other when needed.
- Adopt the new habits as part of your lifestyle. After you've committed to a new routine, consider it part of your daily life. Keep in mind that you can always shake it up and try a new action!