Mornings are the most essential part of your day because it sets the tone for everything after. Are you maximizing your mornings to get the most out of your day? If you need a starting point, try this quick routine below. Remember, everyone is different; be sure to adjust your own routine to fit your personal needs.
- Make your bed. You'll feel accomplished for doing one task first thing in the morning.
- Open the window and meditate with the calming sounds from outside. I typically do this right before I jet off to work (even if that means working remotely!)
- Drink a glass of water. Hydration is key to living healthy.
- A short body stretch to release any negative energy instilled in your body. Try a few short YouTube videos for a guided lesson.
- Plan three action items for the day. Make these goals achievable. If you're like me, it helps to have a separate overflow list to prepare for the following day.
- Get in touch with your thoughts and feelings. Everyone chooses a different route for this task – bullet journaling, reading a self-development novel, creating mood boards, illustrating, etc. Find what works best for a quick task or set aside an additional few minutes (nothing too time consuming) if needed.
How do you start your mornings?